Contests and Promotions Rules
2019 “AJR” PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES:
By participating in the “AJR” Promotion (hereinafter “Promotion”), Entrants acknowledge reading, and further accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (“MWF”) regarding the Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. This Promotion is a three (3) day Promotion. The Promotion will run from Monday, November 18 at 4:00 pm CST through Wednesday, November 20 at 3:00 pm CST. MWF’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion. One (1) winner will be chosen.
- ELIGIBILITY. Profile must be public in order to be chosen as a winner. Entries on Private accounts will not be seen. The Promotion is only open to those who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Full-time benefited employees, officers, and/or directors of MWF or their Immediate Families, and MWF’s consultants, licensees, contractors, and any individual employed to work on the Henry Maier Festival Park grounds during any MWF-produced event, and officers, directors and employees of any company providing a Prize, (the “Sponsor Entities”) and their Immediate Families and any other persons engaged with the production and/or the administration of any MWF event and/or Promotion (collectively, the “Companies”) are not eligible to enter. For the purpose of administering this Promotion, “Immediate Family” includes spouses, parents, children and siblings (including stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings) of the employee, officer and/or director of MWF or the Sponsor Entities. Participants who win Prizes must present a government issued photo ID and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility prior to the awarding of any Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER. During the Promotion period, Entrants will navigate to the exclusive giveaway page found on BMOHarrisPavilion.com via the BMO Harris Pavilion Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page and fill out the required form fields. Upon submitting the form, users will be automatically entered into the Promotion. MWF shall provide an alternative method of entry (AMOE) upon request. No purchase necessary.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) winner will be chosen during the Promotion period, as follows: one (1) winner will be randomly drawn from eligible entries on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 3:00 pm CST. The odds of winning the Prize are based upon the total number of eligible entries during the Promotion period. The winner will be notified via the email address provided on the entry form.
- PRIZE. Winner will receive a pair (2) of complimentary tickets to see AJR at the BMO Harris Pavilion on Saturday, May 30, 2020. Tickets provided shall be at MWF and Frank Productions Concerts sole discretion. Value: TBD
- PRIZE DELIVERY. The Prize Winners must meet all requirements for eligibility to participate in the Promotion and/or complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, a Release of Liability, and any additional documents requested by MWF prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to sign the Affidavit may result in forfeiture of the Prize, which may not be awarded. MWF is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, postage due, incorrect, illegible or incomplete Releases or Affidavits, which may result in forfeiture and failure to deliver the Prize. Ticket Prizes will be picked up from the MWF headquarters at 639 E. Summerfest Place, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202. MWF will not pay any travel costs for the Prize Winners to pick up the Prize. Prizes that are not claimed within thirty (30) days of the winning notification shall be forfeited. If a Prize is eligible to be sent to a Winner, MWF shall bear the costs of such delivery.
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. A Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. If the Winners attempt to resell a Prize, including online or through a ticket reseller, MWF reserves the right to immediately rescind the Prize. There are no substitutions for the Prize. If a winner would like to relinquish the Prize, for any reason, they must contact MWF to coordinate a Prize drop off.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant releases and discharges MWF, the Sponsor Entities, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, including any social media host website and platform, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). If an Entrant provides an email address during the course of the Promotion, it may be used for future marketing, promotional, or advertising purposes, including by the Sponsor Entities. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the social media platform upon which it is administered, namely Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any Winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such Winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by MWF and/or others authorized by MWF; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any Winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion or any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (including a social security number and driver’s license number), and a RELEASE OF LIABILITY, or other similar documents. Documents required herein must be signed and accepted by MWF, before Winner receives the Prize. Nothing in these rules shall be construed to create a relationship between the winner and MWF. Winner is not authorized to and shall not use, recreate, or assert an interest in MWF’s trademarks, including the “Smile logo”® and the name Summerfest ®.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at MWF’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) MWF, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of MWF. (iii) MWF further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) MWF is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) MWF AND THE SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MWF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. If all or any part of this Promotion is prohibited or regulated by the laws or regulations of a particular jurisdiction, MWF reserves the right to disqualify Entrants, change, alter or modify eligibility and prize structure (including without limitation the right to limit participation in the Promotion) or to suspend or cancel the Promotion as may be necessary, in MWF’s sole discretion, to comply with such laws or regulations.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. As a condition of participation in this Promotion, all Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the Entrants and MWF, the Sponsor Entities and/or the Companies, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually in a state or federal court located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, and under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles. All Entrants in this Promotion consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such state and federal courts and waive any rights they may have to a trial before a jury in connection with any such dispute. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- MWF’s RIGHTS. This Promotion is sponsored by MWF, located at 639 E. Summerfest Place, Milwaukee, WI 53202. MWF’s decisions on all matters relating to this Promotion will be final. MWF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter or amend these Official Rules and it’s procedures in administering the Promotion and to establish additional rules or procedures in the operation of this Promotion should MWF, in its sole discretion, so desire.