Contests and Promotions Rules
2021 “HAIM” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES:
By participating in the “HAIM” Sweepstakes (hereinafter “Sweepstakes”), Entrants acknowledge reading, and further accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions by Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. (“MWF”) regarding the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. This Sweepstakes is a four (4) day Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will run from Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1:00pm central through Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 12:00pm central. MWF’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. One (1) winner will be chosen.
- ELIGIBILITY. Profile must be public in order to be chosen as a winner. Entries on Private accounts will not be seen. The Sweepstakes is only open to those who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Full-time benefited employees, officers, and/or directors of MWF or their Immediate Families, and MWF’s consultants, licensees, contractors, and any individual employed to work on the Henry Maier Festival Park grounds during any MWF-produced event, and officers, directors and employees of any company providing a Prize, (the “Sponsor Entities”) and their Immediate Families and any other persons engaged with the production and/or the administration of any MWF event and/or Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Companies”) are not eligible to enter. For the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes, “Immediate Family” includes spouses, parents, children and siblings (including stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings) of the employee, officer and/or director of MWF or the Sponsor Entities. Participants who win Prizes must present a government issued photo ID and execute an Affidavit of Eligibility prior to the awarding of any Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER. During the Sweepstakes period, Entrants will navigate to the exclusive giveaway page found on the BMO Harris Pavilion Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page or from the Summerfest Insiders email and fill out the required form fields. Upon submitting the form, users will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. MWF shall provide an alternative method of entry (AMOE) upon request. No purchase necessary. One entry per person.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) winner will be chosen during the Sweepstakes period, as follows: one (1) winner will be drawn randomly from eligible entries on Thursday, December 9, 2021 on or after 12:00pm central. The odds of winning the Prize are based upon the total number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes period. The winner will be notified via email address provided on the entry form.
- PRIZE. Winner will receive a pair (2) of tickets to see HAIM with Sasami at the BMO Harris Pavilon on May 31, 2022. There will be no substitutions of or exceptions to the selection, including in the event the performance does not occur through no fault of MWF. Verifiable prize value: one hundred and ninety dollars ($119) per pair of tickets.
- PRIZE DELIVERY. The Prize Winners must meet all requirements for eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes and/or complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, a Release of Liability, and any additional documents requested by MWF prior to receiving the Prize. MWF will accept an electronic signature on this paperwork. Failure to sign the Affidavit may result in forfeiture of the Prize, which may not be awarded. If a Prize is eligible to be sent to a Winner, MWF shall bear the costs of such delivery. MWF is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, postage due, incorrect, illegible or incomplete Releases or Affidavits, which may result in forfeiture and failure to deliver the Prize. Ticket Prizes may also be picked up from the MWF headquarters at 639 E. Summerfest Place, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, once the offices are reopened to the public. MWF will not pay any travel costs for the Prize Winners to pick up the Prize. Prizes that are not claimed within ninety (90) days of the winning notification shall be forfeited.
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. A Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. If the Winners attempt to resell a Prize, including online or through a ticket reseller, MWF reserves the right to immediately rescind the Prize. There are no substitutions for the Prize. If a winner would like to relinquish the Prize, for any reason, they must contact MWF to coordinate a Prize drop off.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant releases and discharges MWF, the Sponsor Entities, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, including any social media host website and platform, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). If an Entrant provides an email address, posts, artwork or other content during the course of the Sweepstakes, it may be used for future marketing, promotional, or advertising purposes, including by the Sponsor Entities, without compensation to the Entrant. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the social media platform upon which it is administered, namely Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any Winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such Winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by MWF and/or others authorized by MWF; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any Winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes or any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign the aforementioned MWF Prize documentation. Documents required herein must be signed and accepted by MWF, before Winner receives the Prize. Nothing in these rules shall be construed to create a relationship between the winner and MWF. Winner is not authorized to and shall not use, recreate, or assert an interest in MWF’s trademarks, including the “Smile logo”® and the name Summerfest ®.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at MWF’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) MWF, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of MWF. (iii) MWF further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) MWF is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) MWF AND THE SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MWF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. If all or any part of this Sweepstakes is prohibited or regulated by the laws or regulations of a particular jurisdiction, MWF reserves the right to disqualify Entrants, change, alter or modify eligibility and prize structure (including without limitation the right to limit participation in the Sweepstakes) or to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes as may be necessary, in MWF’s sole discretion, to comply with such laws or regulations. As a response to continuing guidance and regulation from City of Milwaukee Health Officials, MWF reserves the right to suspend any music show that is the subject of the prize and to impose any health safety measure, which shall be immediately adopted by the Winner as a condition of winning the Sweepstakes. MWF reserves the right to suspend, reschedule, or cancel the Event that is the subject of this Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. As a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes, all Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the Entrants and MWF, the Sponsor Entities and/or the Companies, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually in a state or federal court located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, and under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles. All Entrants in this Sweepstakes consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such state and federal courts and waive any rights they may have to a trial before a jury in connection with any such dispute. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- MWF’s RIGHTS. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MWF, located at 639 E. Summerfest Place, Milwaukee, WI 53202. MWF’s decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes will be final, including cancellation of this Sweepstakes or revocation of any Prizes. MWF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter or amend these Official Rules and it’s procedures in administering the Sweepstakes and to establish additional rules or procedures in the operation of this Sweepstakes should MWF, in its sole discretion, so desire.